Understanding the elements of a project management office (PMO) and the various parameters to ensure its effective and optimal integration in an organization.
- Definition and basic concepts of a PMO
- Potential functions of a PMO
- Assessment of an organization’s PMO-related needs
- Organizational structure
- Steps in setting up a PMO
- Day-to-day management of a PMO: portfolio management and project prioritization
This course is designed for professionals who want a better grasp of what goes into a project management office and its various parameters to ensure its effective and optimal integration in the organization.
- Understand the basic concepts of a PMO
- Assess the organization’s needs in setting up a PMO based on project management practices currently in place
- Understand the potential functions of a PMO
- Establish the organizational structure, putting into perspective the roles and responsibilities, ideal structure and competency profile
- Define the main phases of setting up a PMO
- Understand the PMO’s place in day-to-day project management
- Understand related issues and success factors to optimize the PMO’s contributions within the organization
- Proficiency with project management tools and techniques
- Written assessment
- Client surveys
PMP, CAPM & PMBOK are registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.