This interactive, hands-on course helps participants understand how to apply the various tools and techniques in project management. Participants work in teams through all five process groups on a fictional project, coached by the training instructor in each exercise.
- Project initiation and selection: tools and techniques for selecting projects
- Planning: tools and techniques to identify deliverables; plan tasks, resources, estimates and assessments; and prioritize operations
- Execution: tools and techniques to ensure communication and track project progress
- Project monitoring: tools and techniques to control deliverables, schedules, costs and variation analyses
- Risk management: tools and techniques to analyze risks
- Closing: tools and techniques to wrap up a project
This hands-on course is designed for professionals looking to better understand how to apply tools and techniques beneficial to project management.
- Understand the stages of the project management process
- Understand the criteria involved in the transition between the stages of the project management process
- Apply estimation, planning, project execution control and closing tools
- Monitor project progress and budget status
- Knowledge of project management
- Pre- and post-training evaluations
- Examples of tools and techniques
- Practical exercises